General

ROME 2 Release...

Posted by Gowan on 02 Sep 2013, 11:26

well from experiences on chat I gathered that many of us are acainted with Total war games :-) wether its because they are like virtual wargames or we can appease our inner meglomaniac I am not alone in loving these games.

Anyway How many of you here are planning? wanting or have got the new game? :-D how many of you had no idea it was coming out? and perhaps how many just aren't interested?...
anyway here are some pics and for those of you who had the first rome (like myself)

anway thats all I have to say as I have not played the game... but I hope to so right now although I am really excited, Rome 2 has a lot to live up to as the original rome was a great game that was used to make TV series (Time Commanders, Decisive battles) so will this one be as good??? only time shal tell.
Gowan  

Posted by Paul on 02 Sep 2013, 13:35

One for the collection for sure.
Just the Trailers are excellent

and the game Play Looks unbelievably good
Varus battle

Sack of Carthage
Paul  China

Posted by Gowan on 03 Sep 2013, 05:03

I hadn't seen all those clips... a real must buy I think. though the testudo looks odd but I guess if formed hurridly it may well end up like that.

perhaps when a few of us have got it we can play a battle, the battle of benno's barbarians... who likes that idea?
Gowan  

Posted by Benno on 06 Sep 2013, 10:31

That game looks great!

Now I'm looking forward to see the new Empire Total War. 8)
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Ben90 on 07 Sep 2013, 01:11

I´ve bought the Collector´s edition! Rome Total War was/is my favourite game EVER! Now I just need a new PC and then I´ll have a lot of fun with Rome II for sure. And it may be even better than Rome TW :shock:
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Paul on 08 Sep 2013, 16:41

Just seen that it requires steam to Play it!!!! :angry3:
Paul  China

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Paul on 26 Sep 2013, 08:17

44 mins of ranting about Rome II. It seems that the game is not as good as rome or Shogun.
The Video contains a lot of swearing but it´s also very funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QK-lcW8a8
Paul  China

Posted by Acid on 26 Feb 2014, 15:22

It's scandalise the way Creative Assembly put Rome 2 on the market, after being a loyal customer of the Total War series since Rome, I feel ripped off, even do a got my copy (pre-sales) of Rome 2 from friends for my birthday, I still feel ripped off. The game was unfinished when they released it, it was largely unplayable before the first couple of patches was released....I won't even start about the promised features that apparently didn’t make the final game......

Maybe Sega is the blame for pushing CA to release a new Total War every three years, I don't know...

I do know...beside al things wrong with it, given time, patches en a thriving modding community, this game will be on lonely heights in the strategy genre. So much potential!
Acid  Netherlands

Posted by Xantippos on 30 May 2014, 20:18

I have played the vanilla game, the Patch 2,3 and 7, and it is still unplayable :( . I still have to try the latest patch, but come on, I have played the expansion which should have the game absolutely bug-free, and I have found 6 or 7 major bugs in 2 hours of playing.

The question is; have somebody tested it? it is impossible to play for 1 or two hours and not find such errors.
Xantippos  

Return to General